As the air turns crisp, you know the arrival of the magical wedding season is near, and every meticulous detail in your self-care ritual unfolds a narrative of love and grace. But, the journey should be holistic that transcends mere makeup mastery. In this season’s symphony, let’s take a look at makeup and hair care tips to ace our look this wedding season.
Hair Care Tips For Winter Weddings:
Rachana Lakhani, VP of Education & Strategic Business, of Beauty Essentials laid down tips to nurture healthy tresses, propelling a beauty regimen that goes beyond the ordinary.
- Begin with the basics – nourish your hair with our premium hair care products that are formulated to add vitality and shine.
- When it comes to hair styling, the possibilities are as limitless as your imagination. For the frosty wedding season, consider embracing timeless classics or daring modern styles that resonate with your personality.
Makeup Tips for Winter Weddings:
- Rachana Lakhani listed the following makeup tips as well to uplift your glow:
- First start by choosing a good moisturiser to prep your skin, opt for a dewy foundation to mimic your natural radiance.
- Second, play up your eyes with warm, earthy tones that complement the season.
- Lastly, seal the deal with a bold lip colour that screams winter chic. Swipe on confidence and let your lips steal the show.
7 Key Steps For Men’s Grooming This Season:
Grooming for men is considered a necessity and not a luxury, in the modern society. With the right approach and a few essential tips, men can elevate their grooming game without any fuss or complications. Here are 7 key steps for men’s grooming, suggested by Sumit Gupta, Founder of Bravado, that will help you put your best foot forward:
- Understand Your Skin Type: It is paramount to determine your skin before trying any grooming routine. Take the time to identify your skin type, whether you have oily, dry, combination, or sensitive skin and select the appropriate cleansers, moisturisers, and other skincare products.
- Cleanse & Moisturise: Cleansing is the foundation of any grooming routine. Use a gentle facial facewash with hydration properties that can remove dirt, gunk, smut, and impurities from your skin without changing the skin’s pH. Choose a moisturiser that suits your skin type and apply it daily to prevent dryness and maintain a smooth complexion. Don’t forget to include a moisturiser with SPF during the day to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Maintain Your Beard: Environmental factors like sun exposure, wind, and pollution can take a toll on your beard, causing it to become dry, brittle, and prone to breakage. Moisturise your beard with beard oil to keep it soft and manageable. Use good quality beard oil to keep dandruff and redness at bay.
- Haircare Routine: A good haircare routine is essential for maintaining healthy and stylish hair. Incorporate styling products like pomade or hair wax that come with natural ingredients that give your desired look without greying or drying your hair.
- Get Enough Sleep: Lack of sleep can take a toll on your appearance, leading to dark circles, puffy eyes, and dull skin. Aim for 6-8 hours of quality sleep each night to allow your body and skin to rejuvenate and repair.
- Under Eye Puffiness: Late hours working or partying can cause dark and swollen eyes. Use an under-eye cream that can reduce the swelling and brighten the area under the eyes while keeping the skin healthy and hydrated.
- Exercise & Meditate: Schedule a workout session which can comprise gymming, swimming, walking, yoga or dance in your daily schedule. Breathing exercises and meditation go a long way in imbibing confidence and elevating your overall personality.
Makeup Tips For Different Face Shapes
Sonal Hankare, who is the Head – Marketing Communications at SSIZ International Private Limited suggested the following makeup tips for different face shapes:
- An oval face is considered the most balanced shape.
- Focus on enhancing your natural features rather than correcting them.
- Play up your eyes or lips, but avoid overly heavy makeup to maintain the natural balance.
- Contour the sides of your forehead and under your cheekbones to add definition.
- Apply blush slightly above the apples of your cheeks and blend towards your temples.
- Use a slightly angular eyebrow shape to elongate the face.
- Soften the angles by applying a slightly rounded blush on the apples of your cheeks.
- Contour the jawline and sides of the forehead to create a softer look.
- Choose eyeshadow shapes that are slightly rounded to balance the sharpness.
- Soften a prominent forehead with contouring along the temples.
- Apply blush diagonally towards the temples to balance the width of the forehead.
- Emphasise the eyes and lips equally to create harmony.
- Apply blush horizontally on the apples of your cheeks to add width.
- Use eyeshadows that extend slightly beyond the outer corners of your eyes.
- A fuller brow shape can help balance the length of the face.
- Highlight the center of your forehead and chin to add softness.
- Contour the cheekbones and jawline to balance the widest part of the face.
- Enhance your eyes with eyeshadow that elongates towards the temples.
General Tips for All Face Shapes:
- Eyebrows: Well-groomed eyebrows frame the face. Use a pencil or powder to define and shape them according to your face shape.
- Highlighting and Contouring: Highlight the high points of your face (cheekbones, bridge of the nose, cupid’s bow) to accentuate.
- Contouring: Contour areas like the jawline, sides of the nose, and under the cheekbones to add definition.
- Lips: Experiment with lip shapes and colours. Darker shades can create dimension, while lighter shades add fullness.
- Eyes: Adapt eyeshadow styles to your preference, but consider your face shape for balance. Use eyeliner to define your eyes. Winged liners can elongate and lift the eyes.
- Blending: Blend, blend, blend! Seamless blending is key for a natural, polished look.