Last year, Uttar Pradesh had the highest number of crimes against women. According to the National Commission for Women (NCW), about 31 thousand complaints were received from across the country. In this, more than 15 thousand are from UP only.
It has been said by the National Commission for Women that the complaints of crime against women have increased by 30% in 2021 as compared to the year 2020.
So many complaints came in 2021 after 2014
The number of complaints received by the National Commission for Women is the highest since 2014. A total of 33,906 complaints were received in 2014, while last year close to 31 thousand were received. In the year 2020, this figure of complaints was 23722.
crime increased between july to september
Month-wise, over 3,100 complaints were received every month between July and September. Last time more than 3,000 complaints were received. At that time the #MeToo movement was going on in 2018.
Most violated the right to live with dignity
- Women complained the most that they were not being allowed to live with dignity. During this, he suffered a lot of mental abuse. This was followed by cases of domestic violence then complaints of dowry harassment.
- The highest number of women from UP complained of exploitation across the country. This is more than half of the total figures.
- Last year, 1819 complaints were registered for molestation, 1675 complaints of rape or attempted rape, 1537 complaints of police apathy and 858 complaints of cybercrime.
(Note: Figures from National Commission for Women.)
What CM Yogi Adityanath has been saying
- October 2021: In October last year, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath urged people to see women as goddesses. He had said that this might help prevent crime against him.
- March 2021: Counting the achievements of the government on the completion of 4 years, it was said that special attention has been paid to women’s safety.
UP number one in women crime in Yogi government
- In 2017, 56,011 cases were registered.
- The number rose to 59,445 in 2018.
- In 2019, this number rose to 59,853.
- In 2017, 4,246 rape cases were reported.
- In about 1,560 cases, the victim was a minor.
- In 2017, 153 cases were registered everyday.
- In 2018, 162 cases were registered against women every day.
- In 2018, 3,946 rape cases were registered against 4,322 victims, including 1411 minors.
- About 12 were recorded every day.
- During 2018, 5,401 cases were registered under POCSO.
- 2018 report claims- rape case with UP police every two hours.
(Note: NCRB data for 2020.)
Statistics before 2017
- In 2016, 49,262 cases were registered.
- In 2015, 35,908 cases were registered.
(Note: Figures of NCRB.)
There is more news…