A Palestinian teen was killed and two others were wounded on Tuesday during clashes with IDF soldiers in the West Bank city of Hebron, Palestinian media reported.
The Palestinian Authority Health Ministry identified the victim as 17-year-old Moemen Yassin Jaber, who had been rushed to the hospital in critical condition after taking a live bullet to the chest. The teen succumbed to his injuries shortly thereafter.
The official Palestinian Authority Wafa news agency reported that a 15-year-old and another unidentified individual were wounded during the clashes. The report did not specify whether the casualties were armed.
The IDF did not immediately issue a statement on the matter.
Near the location of the clash, two Israeli settlers were lightly injured when Palestinians hurled stones at their vehicles, according to the Ynet news site.
The Hebron clashes came hours after three armed Palestinians were killed during an Israeli counterterrorism raid in the West Bank city of Nablus.
During the operation, Ibrahim Nablusi, a wanted Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades operative, was killed.
The death of the boy, Moamen Yassin Jaber, 17, during clashes in the city of Hebron. pic.twitter.com/ioF4TkD2lw
– Shejaeya (@shejae3a) August 9, 2022
Footage shows IDF troops surrounding the home of Nablusi, where he was hiding. Soldiers then used shoulder-launched missiles against the building, the IDF said. After scanning the home and confirming Nablusi was killed, troops found a large number of explosive devices and other weapons, the Shin Bet said.
According to the Palestinian Authority health ministry, three Palestinians were killed and 40 were wounded and at least four were in critical condition. The ministry identified the dead as Nablusi, Islam Subuh, and Hassin Jamal Taha.
Israeli officials said no troops were hurt during the operation, but a Border Police dog, Zili, was killed by the fugitives’ gunfire.
Thousands of Palestinians attended the funeral held later in the day for the gunmen.
The Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades is a coalition of armed groups associated with the Palestinian Authority’s ruling Fatah party. The terror group has carried out joint attacks with Palestinian Islamic Jihad in the West Bank.
The operation came less than 48 hours after Israel and PIJ reached a ceasefire following three days of armed conflict in and around the Gaza Strip.
On Monday, the terror group warned it may resume fighting unless Israel agrees to release two of its members.
The Egyptian-mediated deal, which went into effect at 11:30 p.m. Sunday, ended a three-day conflict that began Friday with Israeli strikes that killed a top PIJ commander. Palestinian terrorists subsequently fired around 1,100 rockets toward Israeli territory, while the Israel Defense Forces hit Islamic Jihad targets and killed another of the Iran-backed organization’s top leaders in Gaza.
The three days of conflict were sparked by the arrest by the IDF of the Islamic Jihad’s West Bank head Bassam Saadi in a raid on Jenin last week and the terror group’s subsequent threats to carry out terror attacks in retaliation.
Tensions have remained high in the West Bank, as Israeli security forces stepped up arrest raids and operations following a deadly wave of terror attacks against Israelis that left 19 people dead earlier this year.
In separate raids across the West Bank overnight, troops detained four wanted Palestinians, the IDF said Tuesday morning.