New Delhi: Amid the surge in Coronavirus cases in the past few days and schools recording infection among kids, the Noida authority has imposed section 144 CrPC in the region till May 31, news agency ANI said.
“Uttar Pradesh | Section 144 imposed in Gautam Budh Nagar till May 31st amid rise in Covid cases,” ANI tweeted.
Section 144 imposed in Noida, What does it mean?
- According to Police Commissionerate Gautam Budh Nagar, wearing masks has been made mandatory in public places.
- The Police Commissionerate also said that no one will be allowed to hold protests or hunger strike without the permission of the higher authorities
- Organising puja and offering Namaz in public places will not be allowed.
- Social distancing in schools during the exams has to be maintained with proper COVID-19 guidelines.
- The use of loudspeakers will be completely prohibited on the premises and nearby areas of the exam centres.
- Shopkeepers will not be allowed to sell or rent any loudspeaker or any such equipment to anyone without permission from the higher authorities.
The guidelines come amid the festivals Akshay Tritiya, Eid, and Parshuram Jayanti this week. India has recorded 3,157 new COVID19 cases today while the active caseload stands at 19,500, according to the data shared by Health Ministry.