Lata Mangeshkar Health Update: Veteran Singer Removed Off Ventilator System, Still In ICU

New Delhi: ‘Queen of Melody’ Lata Mangeshkar, who has been under medical care since January 9, is showing marginal improvement. The legendary singer, who has been in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) since she was admitted, was removed from the ventilator support system two days ago.

Lata Mangeshkar, popularly known as Lata Didi, tested positive for coronavirus with mild symptoms and was admitted to Breach Candy Hospital in south Mumbai.

According to an ANI tweet, the 92-year-old singer’s health condition has marginally improved, but she will continue to be under observation in the ICU. Dr.Pratit Samdani, who is treating the veteran singer, said to ANI,”Veteran singer Lata Mangeshkar’s health condition has marginally improved. Her ventilator support was removed two days ago. She will continue to be under observation in ICU.”

Earlier on Thursday, a tweet had been shared from the singer’s official handle, informing about her health update. The tweet read as,”Lata didi continues to be in the ICU at Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai under treatment. She has been given a TRIAL of extubation (off the invasive ventilator) this morning. Presently, she is showing signs of improvement but will remain under observation of the team of doctors headed by Dr. Pratit Samdani. We thank each one of you for your prayers and good wishes.”

She has numerous honours to her name including the Bharat Ratna- India’s highest civilian honour.

We wish her a speedy recovery!

ALSO READ: Health Update: Lata Mangeshkar Is Stable, Says Spokesperson

.