- Fresh restrictions have been imposed in Maharashtra in light of Covid cases.
- Schools and colleges have been closed till February 15.
- Spas, gyms and swimming pools will remain shut, while malls will operate at 50% capacity.
The Maharashtra government on Saturday imposed fresh curbs in view of rising Covid-19 cases in the state. All schools and colleges will remain shut for physical classes till February 15. The decision comes one day after a review meeting that took place on Friday regarding the Covid situation in the state.
Here’s all you need to know:
- Public gatherings of more than 5 people will be prohibited from 11 pm to 5 am.
- A night curfew will be imposed on the state during these hours from January 10.
- Schools and colleges will remain shut for physical classes till February 15.
- Salons and private offices will operate at 50% capacity, and spas, gyms and swimming pools will remain closed.
- Hotels, restaurants, cinemas, the auditorium will remain open till 10 pm only at 50 per cent capacity.
- Playgrounds and tourist spots will also remain shut. Malls will open at 50% capacity.
- Home delivery of food will be allowed.
- The restrictions will be imposed from January 9 starting at midnight.