This is the first reshuffle in senior officers after Siddharth Chattopadhyay became the acting DGP.
Election preparations have intensified in Punjab. In view of this, Punjab Police Service (PPS) officers sitting on the chair of SSP in 4 districts have been removed. In their place, Indian Police Service (IPS) officers have been posted as SSP. The government has changed the SSPs of Khanna, Patiala, Moga, Mansa, Batala.
The most important of these transfers is the post of Director of the Bureau of Investigation (BOI). In place of ADGP SK Asthana posted here, B. Chandrashekhar will be the new director. Asthana had come into the limelight for registering a drug case against the Akali leader. He wrote a letter to the DGP and told the legal hurdle in this. After which he went on medical leave.
These IPS officers were transferred
- B. Chandrashekhar – Director Bureau of Investigation from ADGP Human Rights
- AK Pandey – IG Special Protection Unit to ADGP (SPU)
- J. Elanchejian – Joint Police Commissioner Ludhiana to SSP Khanna
- Sandeep Garg – SSP Mansa to SSP Patiala
- Harcharan Singh Bhullar – AIG Intelligence from SSP Patiala
- Charanjit Singh – SSP Moga from AIG Crime
- Deepak Parikh – Joint Police Commissioner Jalandhar to SSP Mansa
- D. Harish Omprakash – Joint Commissioner of Police Ludhiana to SSP Kapurthala
- Gaurav Tura – Joint Police Commissioner Amritsar to SSP Batala
Transfer of these PPS officers
- Mukhwinder Singh Bhullar – AIG NRI Amritsar from SSP Batala
- Balwinder Singh – SSP Khanna to Commandant 36 Battalion, Patiala
- Surinderjit Singh Mand – SSP Moga to AIG Crime
- Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh – AIG Counter Intelligence from SSP Kapurthala
- Sarbjit Singh – SP HQ Ludhiana to SP Investigation Mohali
- Iqbal Singh – SP Investigation Mohali to SP PBI, Mohali
- Prithipal Singh – SP PBI SBS Nagar to SP Headquarters Ludhiana
- Kulwant Rai – SP PBI and Crime Against Woman Faridkot to AIG Intelligence Firozpur
- Jasdeep Singh Saini – AIG IVC Punjab in charge of AIG Law and Order
There is more news…