Arunachal Boy Missing Case: Chinese PLA Hands Over Miram Taron To Indian Army

New Delhi: Union Law and Justice Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday said the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has handed over the 17-year-old boy from Arunachal Pradesh, Miram Taron, to the Indian Army.

Rijiju added that due procedures, including the medical examination, are being followed.

“The Chinese PLA has handed over the young boy from Arunachal Pradesh Shri Miram Taron to Indian Army. Due procedures are being followed including the medical examination,” he tweeted.

Earlier on Wednesday, Rijiju had informed that a hotline was exchanged on Republic Day by the Indian Army with Chinese PLA.

The minister said the “PLA responded positively indicating handing over of our national and suggested a place of release”.

“Hotline exchanged on Republic Day by Indian Army with Chinese PLA. PLA responded positively indicating handing over of our national and suggested a place of release. They are likely to intimate date and time soon. Delay attributed to bad weather conditions on their side,” Rijiju tweeted.

Miram Taron of Jido Village in Upper Siang District of Arunachal Pradesh was found missing on January 18.

Lok Sabha MP from Arunachal Pradesh Tapir Gao had earlier on January 19 informed that a teenager has been abducted by the Chinese PLA from the Siyungla area of Upper Siang.

“Chinese #PLA has abducted Sh Miram Taron, 17 years of Zido vill. yesterday 18th Jan 2022 from inside Indian territory, Lungta Jor area (China built 3-4 kms road inside India in 2018) under Siyungla area (Bishing village) of Upper Siang dist, Arunachal Pradesh,” Gao tweeted.

“His friend escaped from PLA and reported to the authorities. All the agencies of Govt of India is requested to step up for his early release,” he wrote on the micro-blogging platform.

.