Curated By: Shrishti Negi
Last Updated: December 11, 2023, 08:36 IST
Animal movie: Ram Gopal Varma lashes out at film critics for bashing Ranbir Kapoor starrer.
Animal Release: Ram Gopal Varma has come down heavily on film critics for panning the Sandeep Reddy Vanga movie, which has grossed over Rs 650 crore worldwide.
Animal Movie Release: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has come down heavily on film critics for bashing Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s latest movie Animal, which has grossed over Rs 650 crore worldwide. Animal, starring Ranbir Kapoor, has been running exceptionally well at the box office. Despite getting polarised reviews and being dubbed as “problematic” by several critics, Animal is unstoppable at the box office.
Celebrating the phenomenal success of Animal, Ram Gopal Varma took a dig at the film critics and said that their opinions make “zero difference” to a film’s box office. He further wrote the five takeaways for the film critics of India from the Sandeep Reddy Vanga directorial.
His post read:
1. The WORST reviewed film becoming the MOST watched film of INDIA proves that CRITICS make zero difference to a film’s BOX OFFICE
2. CRITICS don’t know Jack shit about why the audience will like in a film.
3. Critics for the first time are UPSET with the AUDIENCE more than the FILMMAKER
4. CRITICS should watch ANIMAL repeatedly to re evaluate their critical standards and in the process get UPDATED
5. ALL critics with folded hands should request @imvangasandeep to conduct film appreciation courses for them.
5 TAKE AWAYS for the CINEMA CRITICIS of INDIA from ANIMAL film1.The WORST reviewed film becoming thd MOST watched film of INDIA proves that CRITICS make zero difference to a film’s BOX OFFICE
2.CRITICS don’t know Jack shit about why the audience will like in a film
— Ram Gopal Varma (@RGVzoomin) December 10, 2023
Animal has comfortably taken the fourth spot on the list of highest earning films of 2023. The top spot continues to be held by Shah Rukh Khan’s Jawan (Rs 643.87 crores), followed by Pathaan (Rs 543.05 crores). Sunny Deol’s Gadar 2 currently stands on the third spot (Rs 525.45 crores).
Apart from emerging as one of the biggest movies this year, Animal is now the highest grossing film of Ranbir Kapoor’s career. Previously, it was Sanju which had collected a lifetime business of Rs 342.53 crore in 2018.